#95: Pulp Fiction (1994)

Starring: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Tim Roth, Amanda Plummer, Eric Stoltz, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames, Uma Thurman
Director: Quentin Tarantino
IMDB

Emily says:

Usually I'm not a big Quentin Tarantino fan because I'm too sensitive to gory violence. I put my squeamishness aside, however, for this movie (mostly because Paul loves it so much) and it wasn't so bad. There's no plot, but I enjoyed the way that the short segments related to one another, it was fun to see John Travolta in his part, and I thought that Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious. By and large, pretty good - save for the needless graphic violence that I still don't much care for. I won't be seeing Tarantino's other films any time soon, but I survived (and even sort of enjoyed) this one.

Paul says:

Oh man, this might be my favorite film about nothing. There's no plot to speak of, we follow a loosely intertwined set of characters through a number of short narratives, and the dialog is clever, the characters are caricatures, the situations are funny, the directing is good, and so much more. This is a great film to sit down and watch whenever, it doesn't require a lot of investment, and it's good every time. I don't know what else to say but that I really want Samuel L. Jackson's wallet.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment