#18: Psycho (1960)

Emily says:
The only thing I knew about this movie was the epic scene in the shower, when Marion (Janet Leigh) is murdered.  My most vivid memory of this scene is from when I went to Universal Studios when I was about 12 and our tour talked about how this scene was made.  I don't remember much about how it was made, because after they showed the scene I was so freaked out.

Although I thought the piercing string music was a little over the top in the shower scene, I really enjoyed how it added suspense to the rest of the film.  I also found Norman Bates' character one who was both creepy and easy to feel sad for, which is a hard line to walk.

Perhaps the most interesting thing I found out from watching this movie was that the star of this film (Janet Leigh) is the mother of Jamie Lee Curtis - whose wikipedia entry I read and discovered she is married to Christopher Guest, who is apparently a Baron.  Who knew?

Paul says:

No comments:

Post a Comment