#55: The Sound of Music (1965)



Emily says:

I really advocated skipping this one, because I've seen the Sound of Music about a trillion times. I probably know every word of every song in the whole movie, but Paul talked me into watching it again for the sake of the project, and I'm glad we did. I was more sensitive to the historical questions in the movie this time, and I enjoyed reading up on the real Von Trapp family on wikipedia while watching.

My mom and dad went to Austria a long time ago, where they went on the Sound of Music tour. One of my favorite parts of re-watching this movie was imagining my parents on this tour together. For those of you who know my mom and dad, you can imagine my mom's boisterous enthusiasm for the movie along with my dad's introverted lack of enthusiasm for feel-good musicals. Oh, what I would give to have been a fly on the wall for that tour.

I was surprised, by the way, to find out that the remnants of the family live in Vermont now, where they run what seems to be an overpriced vacation destination. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment