#72: Ben-Hur (1959)


Starring: Charlton Heston, Stephen Boyd
Director: William Wyler
IMDB

Emily says:

"Ben Hur" was delightful to watch! The only thing I remember about this movie from my childhood is that I tried to watch it with my mom one time, and it was unbelievably long... so I wasn't actually too excited about it when we started watching it, but I ended up really enjoying it!

I have to mention the chariot race - so epic. It was as fun to watch now as it was when I was a kid - I remember that. What I really liked this time though, was the way they wove events from the New Testament into a story that was primarily about the Roman Empire's culture. I don't think most Christians think about the socio-historical context of the New Testament and Ben-Hur raises these questions - even if sometimes it might not be accurate (or maybe it is - who really knows!). I'd watch this one again for sure!

Paul says:

No comments:

Post a Comment