#34: To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)


Emily says:
Although I've read the book a couple times, I'd never seen the movie before! I really enjoyed this one, especially because Scout was depicted almost exactly as I imagined her - right down to the impish grin.

 One thing I noted as I watched the movie was that as a kid, the Boo Radley storyline was much more interesting to me than the court storyline. This time it was the opposite. I wonder if that is a result of the movie or that I'm an adult now.

I've long thought that Boo Radley is one of the most interesting characters in all of literature.  Perhaps Atticus Finch is one of the greatest heroes - definitely one of the most wonderfully decent men of literature. This is a classic that I could watch over and over again - and maybe I'll make a point to re-read the book this summer too.

Paul says:

No comments:

Post a Comment