#29: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)


Emily says:
I've been looking forward to this one for a long time! Those of you who know me know that I love a good political movie - especially one that involves a "regular joe" going off to DC to teach them something (Dave, anyone?)

 Jimmy Stewart's Jefferson Smith is extremely likeable and you can't help but root for him. A filibuster ends in the "good guy" prevailing over the corruption of the senate - I only wish we had those dramatic moments in the senate in real life more often.

I especially enjoyed the development of the relationship between Jeff Smith and his secretary Clarissa, who ultimately ends up helping him learn the ins and outs of the senate that help him exonerate himself.  I'd watch this one again, for sure.

Paul says:

No comments:

Post a Comment