#60: Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

Starring: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman
Director: Steven Spielberg
IMDB

Emily Says:

Oh man, this movie took me back to my childhood. The first time I saw this movie I had never heard of the "ark of the covenant" in those terms and I didn't know much at all about anthropology as a field of study. Harrison Ford's college professor meets rough relic-hunter Indiana Jones is the perfect poster-boy for this field. He's flying all over the world, excavating interesting ancient sites, and fighting off bad guys.

There are so many epic scenes in this movie! The boulder, the really bad claymation of the faces melting off, the evil pet monkey, and the bar scene with the liquor just to name a few. And the music! Not to mention how dreamy Harrison Ford was in his younger days.

I don't think that my fondness for this movie is all nostalgia - this one is good over and over again, and not just for its role in the history of cinema. It's just fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment