#15: Star Wars (1977)

Emily says:
I hadn't seen this one in a few years, and what was most striking about it tonight was how well the special effects hold up 3+ decades later.  They are pretty impressive even now.  The dialogue really leaves something to be desired though...

The other thing that I particuarly enjoyed was the music - it's your stereotypical John Williams, but in Star Wars it seems so fitting and original.  The orchestration fits the galactic theme of the film and seems more authentic than some of the later Williams soundtracks.

I am always amused by Star Wars and "the Force" because I had a prof in college who was always reminding us that we can't reduce God to some sort of lowest common denominator "The Force."  God, although not a being, is more than an ambiguous power that has both a good side and a dark side.  I don't mean this in any sort of serious theological way, but it amuses me as I rewatch the film.


Paul says:

No comments:

Post a Comment