#68: An American in Paris (1951)


Starring: Gene Kelly, Leslie Caron, Oscar Levant, Nina Foche
Director: Vincente Minnelli
IMDB

Emily says:

I was excited about this movie. I knew a little bit about it - "I Got Rhythm" and whatnot - and for the most part I enjoyed it. There wasn't much plot - just a straight up musical romance with a romantic triangle that happens to be set in beautiful Paris. Gene Kelly was quite good and there were some really nice moments. And of course the music! The Gershwin was beautiful as always in this film.

The only thing is, I'm not sure who came up with the idea to have a 30+ minute dance sequence at the end. While it was very beautiful, I really felt like I was watching Fantasia after the first 10 minutes or so, and after 20 I was bored.

Paul says:

No comments:

Post a Comment