#85: Duck Soup (1933)


Starring: Groucho, Harpo, Chico, and Zeppo Marx
Director: Leo McCarey
IMDB

Emily says:

This movie was terrible. No substance. I'd never actually seen more than a clip from a Marx Brothers film before, so at least I have had that cultural experience, but seriously, if they couldn't find a better Marx Bros film to put on the list, I'm not even sure if it deserved being included in the list.

Paul says:

Unfortunately, this was exactly what I expected it to be. Cheap jokes and slapstick. We can't even give it credit for political satire. None of it is even that deep. Fortunately it was pretty short, so we didn't have to put up with a full 2 hours. Seriously, my biggest takeaway here is that Hawkeye Pierce from the MASH TV show does a good Groucho Marx. I can't even identify the rest of them. The Marx brothers are dumb, the supporting cast is dumber, I'm done talking about this movie.

Rating: 5/10

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you both! The Marx Brothers are terrible and this is a horribly unfunny film.

    ReplyDelete